World News ~ Science News ~ Tech News ~ Paranormal & Aliens
Odd News ~ UncleGadget's YouTube

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to PSK
Networks since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Author Topic: Apple watches-I don't get it  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Psk

• Administrator
Apple watches-I don't get it
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
I don't wear a watch while carrying a phone, because the phone also tells time!

These Apple watches, just like most of the android watches that been around for years, need to be linked to your phone via bluetooth to fully function properly.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
Re: Apple watches-I don't get it
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:35:09 AM »
These are essentially a remote control for your phone. You still need your phone with you to use them. It makes about as much sense as those pocket TVs with remotes. You can't see the screen when it's further than arm's length away so what the heck is the remote for?

Don't tell me it's because if you want to connect it to a big TV, because many of them don't have an interface to connect to a big TV.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
I'm sure some fashion guru or rich tech freak can't wait to get one to show off their dazzling screens. But here's a news flash: Unless you want a dead battery all the time, the screen stays black until you raise your wrist, hit a button, or turn a dial.

It's practically almost as easy to just reach in your pocket & just use your phone. It's certainly easier than trying to squint at a tiny watch screen too.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:48:34 AM »
I can see this thing being a driving hazard with it flashing messages while driving too.

Call me an old fuddy duddy, but what's the point of having a watch that essentially just runs off your phone, when your phone is right there anyway, & keeps perfect time?

These watches do contain a processor & memory, so can carry a few pix, a brief video, or some tunes independently from the phone, but so does your phone which you have to carry with you to get the watch to fully function. So why would any reasonable person carry an extra gadget strapped to their wrist that just controls a gadget already in their pocket?

Of course for those that must have one anyway for all sorts of frivolous reasons, the android watches have been around for years now, so they had time to iron out the bugs, & they're a lot cheaper.

The more you give, the more we can give back!

PLEASE support our free networks & multimedia with a donation today!

Visitor Map ~ Dots indicate people who visited PSK networks since May 17, 2020. Blinking dots are visitors currently visiting us.

For: science, technology, paranormal, UFOs, aliens, computers, windows, astronomy, physics, & pets.

Web
Analytics

Hits to our networks since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker