World News ~ Science News ~ Tech News ~ Paranormal & Aliens
Odd News ~ UncleGadget's YouTube

The more you give, the
more we can give back!
There has been,

Hits to PSK
Networks since
Sept. 30th, 2004

Author Topic: Latest images from Pluto  (Read 21518 times)

Offline Psk

• Administrator
Latest images from Pluto
« on: July 06, 2015, 02:11:51 AM »
As of July 3, 2015, the New Horizons is still too far away to get any decent pictures of Pluto, but they are getting a little bit better. July 4th, due to a computer glitch the spacecraft was put into safe mode. But should resume ordinary operations today. They may take only 1 picture today.

So here's what we got of tiny Pluto so far, dramatically enhanced by me, & my own special software. You won't find any better pictures of Pluto as of today at this time anywhere else yet.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
Re: Latest images from Pluto
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 05:10:21 AM »
Here's some more newer pictures of Pluto as the New Horizons spacecraft gets closer. Pluto & it's largest moon are very small & the probe is still millions of miles away. But every day, the view gets a little bit better.

These were enhanced to the limit, with edge detection software pushed to the max to get any detail possible from the original blurry, very tiny images (only originally less than 2 dozen pixels across).  In the last 2 images in this set, I artificially turn down the reds a bit to bring out the details & hues of less redder objects.

In the last one of the set, with the enhancements, it appears pluto is a heavily cratered object. That's about what we would expect in the solar system where there is no water, wind, & weather erosion to wear down old craters, & no volcanic or geologic activity to erase them.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
They finally released another picture. The flyby was hours ago, but it takes about 9 hours at the speed of light for the signals from the probe to reach us, then who knows how long before a picture is actually sent, processed & made public.

In the first picture, is the most recent image exactly the way NASA released it.

The next ones are how they look processed by me & my homemade imaging software.

Enjoy!

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:54:14 PM »
In this next one, I turn down the reds a little bit to bring out some of the less-red colors.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »
After working night last night I decided to stay up for the newest pix. They said the data stream of the flyby would arrive on earth at around 2:35am. They said it would take 90 minute to download each 2mb picture. Huh??? These aren't 2mb images even in RAW! And at their 2kbs bit rate, a 2mb image would only take 17 minutes to download. Then they wonder why there there are so many conspiracy theories about almost everything governments, NASA, & the military do. Why BS & lie to us if they don't have something to hide? In the real world if you spewing BS lies, nobody is gonna believe anything you say anymore.

So I stayed up until 9am this morning waiting for new pictures than never came.

Anywho here they are. This first one is the original NASA release.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 06:44:01 PM »
This one is my enhanced view of Charon using my special software & techniques to bring out more detail.

Offline Psk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »
In this one, I turn down the reds a lot, to bring out the other colors & details more.

The more you give, the more we can give back!

PLEASE support our free networks & multimedia with a donation today!

Visitor Map ~ Dots indicate people who visited PSK networks since May 17, 2020. Blinking dots are visitors currently visiting us.

For: science, technology, paranormal, UFOs, aliens, computers, windows, astronomy, physics, & pets.

Web
Analytics

Hits to our networks since Sept. 30th, 2004

eXTReMe Tracker